“In our own native land, in defence of the freedom that is our birth-right, and which we ever enjoyed till the late violation of it; for the protection of our property, acquired solely by the honest industry of our forefathers and ourselves, against violence actually offered, we have taken up arms. We shall lay them down when hostilities shall cease on the part of the aggressors, and all danger of their being renewed shall be removed, and not before.”
~ Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms, issued by the Second Continental Congress July 6, 1775
“But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”
~ Thomas Jefferson to Issac Tiffany, 1816
BE IT KNOWN BY EVERY READER OF THIS DECLARATION, THAT
WHEREAS each and every functional Individual on Earth is motivated by Free Will, an emergent phenomenon derived of the ability to conceptualize alternatives and Choose from among those alternatives, and
WHEREAS the exclusive means by which the Free Will of an Individual may be abridged is physical aggression and the overpowering of that Individual, and
WHEREAS there do exist Individuals who Choose to overpower other Individuals, and there do exist Institutions designed for the purpose of overpowering other Individuals, and
WHEREAS the growth of Institutions so designed has reached proportions that threaten the survival of the vast majority of living Individuals, including the Consentor to this Declaration, and
WHEREAS the Choices of the Consentor are the Consentor’s alone, and that among those are Life, Liberty, Earned Property and the Pursuit of Happiness, and
WHEREAS the Consentor has determined that both Survival and the aforementioned Choices are at great risk owing to the growth of Individuals and Institutions that seek to physically overpower the Consentor, and other Individuals and Institutions with whom the Consentor wishes to Trade mutually beneficial Values,
BE IT THEREFORE DECLARED, BY THIS CONSENTOR TO THIS DECLARATION, THAT
1. I believe that no Individual, or group of Individuals, has any Right, or justification in reason, to Initiate physical force or compulsion against any other Individual.
2. I believe that it is each Individual’s responsibility to provide all necessary support and, in concert with others freely Chosen, all necessary defense for oneself, one’s family and any other Individuals freely Chosen.
3. I believe that any Individual has the Moral Right to defend any other Individual, as well as any Earned Property, by whatever means that Individual deems prudent and necessary.
4. I believe that the nature of the aggression being threatened against me, as well as other Individuals, on occasion necessitates the Choice to bear personal arms in my day-to-day activities upon the public roads and highways, as well as upon any Property with the Consent of the Owner of that Property.
5. I believe that there does not exist, nor can there exist, any rightful authority which can justify any abridgement of the aforementioned Choice, on any basis whatsoever, with the sole exception of any Owner of any Earned Property upon which I am a visitor.
6. I affirm that it is my desire to live peacefully among all other Individuals, and I believe that the resort to physical force is a means exclusively for the purpose of defending Life, limb and Earned Property.
THUS DOES THE CONSENTOR DECLARE, with the recognition and affirmation that this Consent is offered freely, and with Integrity and Commitment, on the Consentor’s own behalf and in the belief that this is the best means to begin to restore the Honor, Wealth and Happiness that was once ubiquitous across this Land. I commit Myself to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness and will lay down my Arms when my physical Defense no longer requires them, and not one moment before.
New Year’s Day, 2014